Used with this product
25' UTP CAT-5 kit, ANC-CKIT
Additional RS485/422 Products
RS-485/422 Internal Adapter
RS-422 with Video Sync Intr
Auto Data Transmit:
RJ-45 or Terminal Block
Prototyping SMD Adapters
Single Board Computers
ISA Relay, Digital I/O
RS485/422 Serial Adapters
The ANC-6132 adapter provides the designer with a low cost solution ($78)
to remotely link an RS-232C and/or an RS-422,RS-485 device to a network.
- Connect serial devices remotely by ethernet
- 2 ports - operate an attached RS422/485 device and an RS232 device
- Virtual serial driver, utility and sample source software included
- Transmit RS422/485 data at distances up to 4,000 feet (1,219 m)
- 4-wire full duplex (RS422) or 2-wire half duplex (RS485) operation
- Serial baud rates up to 230.4 KBaud
- LED status of Power, Link, transmit and receive
- ARP, UDP, TCP, ICMP, HTTP, DHCP protocols supported.
- 32KB of buffer memory and 5K bytes per second throughput
- External power supply included
The adapter turns a serial device into remote connected ethernet client.
RS-422/485 - signal levels meet or exceed the Recommended Standards.
The RS-232C side mates directly with a PC serial port. This makes
the adapters an ideal solution for connecting external RS-485/422 equipment
to operate as a client of your network.
The adapter acts as a remote RS-232C and/or RS-485/422 device on an ethernet.
No specific software modifications are required to operate with
off-the-shelf applications that use the serial communications port for I/O. The user
sets the included virtual serial device driver up on a PC then selects what comport to control to
match the application software for the attached serial device during the setup process.
In RS-485 mode, the data direction is changed on the adapter automatically.
Easy to Use
Shipped ready for installation. Setup is performed with a web browser
(no jumpers to set) and a user's manual is included on disk.
This product is built and tested to meet high standards of
quality and reliability. The ANC-6132 is covered by a one year
||Discrete wire CAT-5
|Interface Converts to/from
||TCP/IP to RS-232 and
||RJ-45 8-pin jack - standard LAN port
||4-pin terminal block
||9-pin D-Shell plug (DB-9M) DTE pinout
||2.8" x 4.4" x 1.2"
||300 to 230.4K baud
||4.5W (9V @500 ma)
||+9v (supply included)
Note: Product specifications subject to change without notice.